Sunday, 5 February 2012


I was asked to make this for a friend of his late wife. Something I've never done before, as i didn't actually know the lady in the photo. Although i was very flattered to be asked by him. The paper used is one of my fav's at the mo, the K&co flora and fauna. i made the flowers using a spellbinders sunflower die. and hand cut and inked the leaves.

I've used a range of martha stewart punches here, from the floral crochet, three dots, monarch butterfly, and the deep edge daisy punch. They are worth the extra expense as they are very detailed, and give an excellent finish. In the middle of the flower is a tiny bit of flower soft and a gem. Not sure about the flower soft yet, but its growing on me :0)

I was going to use some of the dusty attic laser cut chip boards on here but after colouring them i found it made the picture to dark and heavy, so i used some prima say it with crystals and pearls. This was also the second lot of leaves as the first set were also bringing a darkness to the picture. Hopefully trial and error and had the best effect!!

No comments:

Post a Comment