Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Mother's Day Cards

I know that mother's day is a fair few weeks away but i decided to make  a start. Not that i have lots of mother's!! but because i have a few friends that want me to make some for their mother's!!! i made these few out of already pre cut cards. The one above i punch the edge and inked it and then added the topper it is a very simple design for me as being more of scrapper, i tend to want to add more!!! I also added a dusty attic piece which i just love and they look brilliant with a spray of cosmic shimmer!!!

I tried stitching this one, now i can embroider, but whole different thing on paper, i think the best thing to do is NOT to use a thick needle because the paper doesn't retract back like cotton!!!! and although you can't see it on here the butterflies had a two toned effect that flashed purple looks a lot better in real life :0).

this one could be used for birthdays to. the paper is glittery, like i mentioned before they look so much better in real life. The lace is cream, hopefully i will get a better camera soon and then the pictures will come out better!!!!

Saturday, 11 February 2012

12" tri folding birthday card

I've always like the tri folding cards. But they tend to be on the small side and when my mum in law asked me to make a card for her husband I thought it would be nicer to have something a little bigger. So this was the result!!!

I find it quite difficult to create masculine cards and layouts. But these papers by my minds eye are really good. The lost and found ones are just what I needed as he loves his horses!!!

Sunday, 5 February 2012


I've had this layout hanging around half finished for ages, because i just couldn't find the right flowers to go on it. Finally i picked up some by petaloo. I've cheated a little by drawing the stitching on instead of actually stitching. And used a souflee pen.

A close up of my newly found flowers, the bigger one is actually by reflections flour boutique, but matched in nicely with the rest.

All the edged were distressed used tim holtlz distressing tool, a must have for any paper crafter. The butterfly is also reflections.


I was asked to make this for a friend of his late wife. Something I've never done before, as i didn't actually know the lady in the photo. Although i was very flattered to be asked by him. The paper used is one of my fav's at the mo, the K&co flora and fauna. i made the flowers using a spellbinders sunflower die. and hand cut and inked the leaves.

I've used a range of martha stewart punches here, from the floral crochet, three dots, monarch butterfly, and the deep edge daisy punch. They are worth the extra expense as they are very detailed, and give an excellent finish. In the middle of the flower is a tiny bit of flower soft and a gem. Not sure about the flower soft yet, but its growing on me :0)

I was going to use some of the dusty attic laser cut chip boards on here but after colouring them i found it made the picture to dark and heavy, so i used some prima say it with crystals and pearls. This was also the second lot of leaves as the first set were also bringing a darkness to the picture. Hopefully trial and error and had the best effect!!

Friday, 3 February 2012

Do you remember??

I normally have a few projects going at once, one of the ones thats been on going for a while is a album for my sister who will be 30 soon. (she will now kill me for posting that hahaha) This is of her when she is about 6 in my nan's back garden.

I made the flowers by ripping some flower shapes spraying and scrunching then piling them together. you also use a die for this. and the roses are from a spiral shape rolled up. A tutorial will be posted as soon as i have time to get it together!

The butterflies are from a spellbinders die cut, sprayed with some comic shimmer spray.

Nan's birthday Card

I made this card for my nan's birthday, as you can probably tell she like the purple tones. I used a crafters workshop stencil to make the flower shapes they were cut out of two 12x12 pieces of paper and sneakily stuck together with double sided tape and some ribbon. I used the type of ribbon that edges upholstery to make sure it was thick enough to keep it together. the patterned paper it K&co flora and fauna, the embellishments are to.

The flowers are from Prima and the crystal swirls are to, just behind the flowers is a tim holtz clock die cut. I inked all the edges with a cats eye chalk ink.

I then added these lovely letters from memory makers, they are already edged with a small gem. Which makes a nice accent to the lettering.